widescreen support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• widescreen support

I've been thinking of getting a widescreen monitor but before I do so I have to know, does civilization IV support widescreen?

It supports up to 1440x900 (native resolution for my 19'' widescreen) in the menu, and that is what I'm running atm. It is pretty nice, much nicer than the old 1024x768 I was running last year.

It is possible to set the resolution that CIV uses in the CIV config file, though you have to set the width and height seperately (ie, you need to know the values for both and just type them in, it really isn't even a 5 minute job).
    Last edited by Krill; April 10, 2007, 12:46.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Yeah, as long as your resolution is at least 1024x768, you can run Civ4 in pretty much any mode you might want to.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Krill lies. I know it supports at least up to 1680x1050.

Comment

thanks alot for the help

Comment

Well, I can't get it to go up to 2880x900, I know that much
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

1920x1200 is fine though.

Comment

Yeah but that moniter is for coding and not playing nowadays Trip

Comment

Updated to a 22" widescrean early this year, and I'm using 1680x1050 - works fine, and looks great.
                  Only the most intelligent, handsome/beautiful denizens of apolyton may join the game :)

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                    Well, I can't get it to go up to 2880x900, I know that much
                    Two monitors?

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                      Yeah but that moniter is for coding and not playing nowadays Trip
                      I'm sure he gets to playlist BtS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Shafer
                        1920x1200 is fine though.
                        Real programmers code in a 80x45 terminal
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Kuci, yes, 2 moniters; one for CIV and the other for Firefox/teamspeak/MSN.

Comment

Originally posted by MightyTiny
                            Updated to a 22" widescrean early this year, and I'm using 1680x1050 - works fine, and looks great.
                            Ditto that. And I wouldn't want to play it any other way now.

Comment

Working...
                            X