Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It runs even smoother with two

Comment

Actually this processor runs very cool...even when stressed it only gets up to about 35C...I should look at a spot of overclocking
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
        How'd you get your CPU to run at 90C?
        It didn't for very long before a system lockup...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Will increasing RAM from 512 MB to 2 G allow me to play on large/huge maps instead of small/standard maps even if my graphics memory still remains the same sucky size?
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
            Will increasing RAM from 512 MB to 2 G allow me to play on large/huge maps instead of small/standard maps even if my graphics memory still remains the same sucky size?
            I gather it should help. Unless your graphics memory is under 128 sucky MB.
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

that is the case in fact
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison The graphics card on this one is an 8800GTS 640Mb so it manages fine with Civ 4
                Hit me baby!
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                  Yes. Going from 512MB to 1GB you will notice an immediate and significant system improvement. Going from 1GB to 2GB will show less improvement but is nevertheless recommended for memory hungry applications like Civ4 with Huge maps. As I said before, increasing onboard video memory from 256MB to 512MB is mainly useful for games that use more textures, not the case with Civ4 (the size of the map does not increase the number of textures used). If you have less than 128MB video RAM then you might want to think about upgrading your card as well to get the best out of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

Hit me baby!
                    Aye. Most expensive component in the system...
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                    X