Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanilla 1.61 - do I trust Sid's Tips or the stats text (popup) for GPP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanilla 1.61 - do I trust Sid's Tips or the stats text (popup) for GPP?

For instance, the Mt Rushmore popup text says it increases chances of a GE, but the stats (in the same popup) say the points are going to a GA. There are similar discrepancies in other popups..

I know I can't trust the printed manual as that was prior to any patches, & I don't want to look at the code even if I knew where it was..

Cheers & TVMIA
    Dom 8-)

Trust the stats.

Sid's tips come from CIVGameText_Strategy.xml, and are defined statically - which is to say independently of the properties of the object in this game.

In other words, if you modify the game, so that Rushmore works the same way that the Pyramids do, the stats will be updated (because the stats are drawing the properties from the same files that the game uses to determine what the wonder actually does), but the Sid's Tip will not be (because it is stored independently, and defined in advance).

But even unmodified, it appears that the Sid's Tips are out of synch with the properties. My guess, based on other discussions about the efforts to test and balance the game, is that the switch from Artist to Engineer came fairly late, and the fact that the change should ripple into the tips as well was just missed.

Comment

OK, cheers
      Dom 8-)

Comment

Working...
      X