Previewing effects of civic change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previewing effects of civic change

Is it possible to preview the effects of a civic change without doing what I usually do (Save the game, change civic, compare F2 screen/gold/beakers income).

Ta,
    A

I thought this question needed some more explanation.

On factors like economy
    Unit overheads etc

Comment

save, play a turn

if you hate it, reload

other than that I doubt it
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Thanks Rex
        Thats what I usually do in my single player games. I guess I'm just going to have to guess for my current multi..

Comment

No need to reload, just to look at advisors.

Can you specify: change from what to what?

Best regards,

Comment

if loading a game didn't take so long, I'd do it that way. I know of no other way.

What advisors?

Comment

Originally posted by fed1943
              No need to reload, just to look at advisors.

Can you specify: change from what to what?

Best regards,
              What do you mean by this? Dis, I think fed means the City, Economic, Science etc advisors next to the Civic change button on the main map screen. But I wasn't aware they could help. You can preview the cost of civics in the Civic change screen, but as far as I was aware once you exit that without making a change, the advisors just show you what you are doing at the moment. You'd have to actually change civics and wait for government to be reestablished, THEN look at the advisors.... which is of course what you've been doing.

If there IS in fact a way to see what changes your hypotethetical civic change would make, please let us in the know, anyone...?
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

If I make a mistake in civics changes because of yucky research results or whatever I don't reload, I just wait the required turns (marathon speed) and correct it. Just as I don't reload when a 99% attack results in my losing a warlord.

My most recent error was when I should have changed 2 civics instead of just one. Then again, it's noble difficulty, so it rarely is crucial.

Comment

F3 shall tell civics costs (mouse over); F2 cities costs (number and distance - so about State Propriety) and more.
                  Just think at any possible change, the answer is there.
                  Best regards,

Comment

Working...
                  X