Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strike

interesting. I noticed I was still at -10 gold per turn at 0% science and culture, yet my units stopped striking. Once I got down to one unit per city, they stopped disappearing. I lost all my workers though. . Interestingly, I'm doing very well this game. But taking all the English cities and one barbarian city put a hurt on me. I'm playing Kublai Khan. I can't believe my research is this high with him.

I'm not sure what's going on. I can't explain why I do so well some games. The only thing I can come up with is I got a great scientist very early and built an acadamy early.

A good way to awoid strike, when you cannot yet build Wealth, is to set your cities to emphasise commerce.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

And cottages, build cottages. Find a good spot for a city close to some food resources and build a money-city. Also stop invanding when your income is running low.

Comment

my income was great when I started. . But I wanted the entire continent to myself, and figured the English only had 5 or 6 cities, might as well take them all.

I recovered fairly well from this strike. I had already researched currency and just finished researching code of laws. Just took a few turns to get my courthouses up. In hindsight, I could have ran wealth in a few cities, while I built courthouses in the rest. But I elected to build courthouses in all my cities at once. And I wanted to get my forges up and running as well. I lost my army, but no sweat, I had the continent to myself, and I had no use for it anymore. I did not get in a war for the rest of the game.

I lost my warlord unit though. That's okay, I only wanted him so I could build west point.

My point was I as running -10 gold/turn for about 6 or possibly 9 turns. But I wasn't losing any units!! Because I had no more units to lose. The game wouldn't take away my last city defender (I did lose all my workers though). I thought it would start selling buildings, luckily that did not happen. So essentually I got away with losing 10 gold per turn without having to pay for it.

It ended up being my 2nd highest space victory. Kind of strange getting a space victory with the mongols, but oh well. I just can't believe I did this well with a non financial civ. I'm very happy with this game.

keshiks rock.

Comment

I'd propably have burned few of the marginal english cities, and settled later. (Or taken over the barb city that surely plops up.)
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Kublai's one of my favorites... perfect if you feel like an early war. Keshiks alone can run over a Civ in no time. When I do that, though, I generally take something more like the Tattila approach. I usually prefer my city sites over the AI anyway

Comment

Working...
            X