Just want to say thanks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just want to say thanks...

I know this is not the proper forum but I hope people will forgive me. I just want to say thanks to everyone here who has contributed to increasing my understanding of this game (in my recent and not so recent posts).

I just won my first game on Noble (all you serious players probably laugh your heads off ) by winning the space race.

It was so exciting, I was pretty sure to win by points but then China suddenly produced 4 SScasing before I had even finished the Apollo program. So I got nervous and sent 4 spies to consistantly sabotage the aluminium mines while giving lots of free techs to ceasar to remain friends and have him engage China instead, which he promptly did.

Then I spent 20 minutes each turn to verify I had the best settings in my cities and killing off my army so I could achieve 100% research rate. And finsihed the Space Race in AD 2048 !! It was sooo much fun and worringly exciting, I should take a break now for a few weeks now to make up for lost time elsewhere...

But anyway, thanks everyone for tips and strategy and explanations.

(Rest assured, I'll be back with more questions. I took a few notes about things I didn't understand why they happened)

Apolyton
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Re: Just want to say thanks...

Originally posted by guermantes
    I know this is not the proper forum but I hope people will forgive me. I just want to say thanks to everyone here who has contributed to increasing my understanding of this game (in my recent and not so recent posts).
    That's exactly the purpose of this forum, so I think this post is properly placed.

I just won my first game on Noble (all you serious players probably laugh your heads off ) by winning the space race.

It was so exciting, I was pretty sure to win by points but then China suddenly produced 4 SScasing before I had even finished the Apollo program. So I got nervous and sent 4 spies to consistantly sabotage the aluminium mines while giving lots of free techs to ceasar to remain friends and have him engage China instead, which he promptly did.

Then I spent 20 minutes each turn to verify I had the best settings in my cities and killing off my army so I could achieve 100% research rate. And finsihed the Space Race in AD 2048 !! It was sooo much fun and worringly exciting, I should take a break now for a few weeks now to make up for lost time elsewhere...

(Rest assured, I'll be back with more questions. I took a few notes about things I didn't understand why they happened)

Apolyton
    Congratulations! Space race wins can be fun, indeed, particularly when they're forced on you unexpectedly. Though I'm sure many would disagree, having to alter or scrap my plans, even on the most basic level of what victory to pursue, to contend with new developments is part of what makes this game so much fun and so replayable to me.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Re: Just want to say thanks...

So I got nervous and sent 4 spies to consistantly sabotage the aluminium mines while giving lots of free techs to ceasar to remain friends and have him engage China instead, which he promptly did.
      a fantastic strategy!

Apolyton
      you are quite welcome
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

so if you have time to spare, for another big leap in understanding the game

so what is your next game ?
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
        X