No announcement yet.

technical difficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one thing you could try is running msconfig and deleating any startup items that you do not use. that could really improve performance, if not just to make your computer run a little better. also run task manager and see how much memory you have AVAILABLE not total. my friend has about the same system as you, but only has a fraction of memory available for usage for one reason or another...

hope this helps,

piece
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Sounds like you might be using mods? I would strongly suggest you uninstall and reinstall and try it without mods.
      My system is similar to yours but with less RAM (P4 3.2Ghz, 1.5Gb RAM, GeForce 7800 on XP) and I have never had a slowdown (and never used a mod) I am currently playing a huge map with 7 civs, I have 300+ MA's, 80+ bombers and no slow down whatsoever, Im using warlord 2.08.

Comment

Originally posted by Herod
        Sounds like you might be using mods? I would strongly suggest you uninstall and reinstall and try it without mods.
        My system is similar to yours but with less RAM (P4 3.2Ghz, 1.5Gb RAM, GeForce 7800 on XP) and I have never had a slowdown (and never used a mod) I am currently playing a huge map with 7 civs, I have 300+ MA's, 80+ bombers and no slow down whatsoever, Im using warlord 2.08.
        no mods. i already did a complete uninstall/reinstall, warlords 2.08.

i never had slow down before either no matter the size. im fairly certain this is not a hardware or configuration issue. none of that has changed, and would have been a problem long before.

the only thing thats been acting up on my computer is the dvd drive. for some reason its not reading DVD movies properly, though I have the PC-CD version of civ4.

Comment

I had the same (I think) problem. I had gotten a new machine with a better memory card, significanly more video memory and then everything slowed down, especially on large maps. I just moved the video options from High to Medium and It solved most of the problem. Make sure your anti-alias is at least two. There is a reported and my tests indicate a bad memory leak at 0. Personally I think there is a memory leak caused by the newer video cards (based on my experience and posts written by others).
          BTW - my tired old eyes see very little difference between high and medium graphics.

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X