Domination victory with war turned off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domination victory with war turned off

Saw a thread about this on another forum. Select always peace and try to win a domination victory using only culture. I tried it with Ghandi, spiritual for cheap temples and double GP production. I messed up by not turning off cultural victory, and got one in 1770s, I played on though and got the requisites for domination in 1830.

Was a good game, I'm usually a warmonger and win by domination, but I learned a lot about the game, especially the civics to use, and how to use great people.

I'd recommend everbody have a go, it's a reall different experience and I really got a kick when I flipped my first enemy capital, Paris. I nearly obliterated both the French and the Mongols, leaving them with one city each, both had revolted a few times but refused to flip, the French city was 29% french and the remaining Mongol city was 33% Mongol. I don't know if you can kill the enemy using just culture, but it was fun trying

I played small pangea, 6 enemy cives, dropped back to noble to try it...may move up again to give it another go

I play like this quite a bit and it's a fun change from grinding your way across the landscape with SODs. The smaller the map and greater the number of civs the easier it is. Of course it helps to play on pangaea maps. And you can indeed wipe someone out through culture -- when I played with 18 civs on a small map I totally assimilated over half of them.

It does seem to be unfair to the AI though, as they will continue to build military units they have no need of.

Comment

Well, ten units stationed in a city prevents it from flipping... Expect Blake to ad strategy for AI.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
        Well, ten units stationed in a city prevents it from flipping... Expect Blake to ad strategy for AI.
        Such a city is useless, since it keeps revolting and has only a few plots to work, but at least you are keeping it away from the other guy.
        I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

Working...
        X