No announcement yet.

Civilization... the Card Game? YES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too would love to see a computer version of the card game.

I so love this card game. Like many others, I bought the whole kit just for the card game after I'd played a friend's copy. I paid $35 US for it, and felt it was well worth it!

I had to laugh at the original poster though, for the comment that population isn't valuable enough, since the key thing I've found is that a population-heavy game builds up the resources so fast that production and commerce aren't nearly as valuable for winning the game as is food. Then again, we haven't invented artificial rules like limiting the population on a plot to three - since the cost escalates each time it's not like there's a need for such a limitation.

I would so love to see an expansion though. That would make me happy. My wife, some of my co-workers and friends, and I have gotten to where we can whip through a game in about 45 minutes to an hour; we'd love to have an expansion with a medieval era in it.

Plus, I wonder about whether some card game manufacturers would consider picking up Civ the card game and selling a version with a slightly better box and sturdier cards? I really think this game is competitive with some of the more popular games out there like Munchkin or Gloom or any of those.

I definitely would see an expansion working where as soon as you buy your first technology from the second deck (having exhausted the original tech deck) you start drawing from a new regular deck, perhaps one with a different colored back. This deck would naturally have medieval era units, wonders, and buildings in it along with the usual resource bonus cards. Medieval units would be balanced much like the original units, but perhaps any 2 classical defense units together would cancel out 1 medieval?

I could see buildings like an aqueduct - maybe a limit on population beyond 4 or something until you get an aqueduct, and require 5 or 6 population per plot to add a third building on a plot? You might have to escalate the price of additional plots of land after the medieval period; that would probably be a beta test question.

Anyway, if Dale wanted to make a computer version, I'm interested for sure!
    And if Mr. Shafer could talk his bosses into letting him make an expansion game, I can guarantee at least 8 or 10 sales in the Seattle area!

Comment

Holy bump batman!

I couldn't believe when I just got the email about a reply in this thread.

Comment

So are you still playing the game?

Comment

Working...
        X