Vista... Anyone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista... Anyone...

My computer crashed about 2 days after exam week and I'm gathering info about buying/building a new one. I'm going to run Vista Ultimate on it and I was curious if anyone has tried Civ4 on Vista yet to see if it works...

Last I checked on Microsoft's website it was one of the most popular or recommended games but it was the Microsoft marketplace site I think.
    GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

try the OT thread

anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I've successfully run it on RC2. It seems a bit more choppy than on XP, but that could be for any number of reasons

Comment

I just installed Vista Ultimate and Warlords runs fine, infact on my P4 2.66 with 1 gig ram and a Radeon 9800 pro, Vista is slightly more responsive that XP pro was. And Warlords even runs great in a half screen window as well, rather neat if not that practical :P

CS
        Global Admin/Owner
        Civilization Players Leagues
        www.civplayers.com
        http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

2 other polytoners have had no luck eith C4 and Vista

wait till they work out the bugs at MS......rotflol
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I had Civ4 Warlords running on Vista Business, nvidia 7600GT graphics. But performnce was much poorer, while on XP it runs almost flawless.
            In the beginning, Earth was without form and void... then my life changed forever.

Comment

Working...
            X