Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Border-Complaints

Hi everybody.

I'm playing Prince right now (quite hard) and I share a continent with Katharina (Russia). We come along quite well, same religion, trading, ... but she complains about our closed borders for centuries already, although they are open since we first met. Is this a bug? Furthermore, I would like to sign a defence treaty with her, but it is not possible. Why?
    Thanx

Steve

It's "close" borders, not "closed". Close as in near.
    Got my new computer!!!!

Comment

As for defence, she might not like you enough. Check what it says, when you hover over "Defence Pact"... Assuming you have the required tech.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Do you have Military tradition? Or whatever tech is required for a defense pact. I'm not sure since I've usually pissed off everyone by then and not likely able to arrange a treaty.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's just poorly translated into German. They really mean "near", but wrote "closed". That is, in fact, one of the few badly translated passages. As a whole, the game is localized excellent. Compare that with Civ II .

Comment

Doh! Oopsie...

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Indeed, video game translation is so much better these days

Ihre ganze stützpunkt sind gehören uns!
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

All your base... nevermind...
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Well, well. The language problems...Sometimes they can cause wars. Nevertheless, I am wondering about the impossible treaty as I already had a defence pact with Katharina and now I don't even have the option. Why that? And what's the best way to make her more amicable, except shipping over some wodka barrels ? As I'm focusing on cultural victory, my ground troops are no assurance at all.

greetz

steve

Comment

Working...
                  X