Religion strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion strategy

I'm playing the Romans (Augustus) and I've finally discovered how effective this strategy on religion is. I know that a ton of other people have advocated this strategy before, but I've always been a major builder and have had trouble even maintaining enough of an army to keep Ghandi off my back.

Now I've learned.

Step 1: I'm playing the Romans, so I'm not going to be able to found Buddhism or Hinduism and I'm not going to be the king of the Jews in either sense unless I make it my top priority.
    Since Praetorians are just so darned tasty, I figured I'd skip religions and just go for Bronze/Iron working and some worker techs with just enough Pottery to keep my economy stable as I send out settlers.

Step 2: Asoka founds Buddhism, builds the shrine of cash in his capital and converts my other two neighbors.

Step 3: I build Praetorians, capture a few of his cities. Convert to Buddhism. Asoka gives me a few Techs to get me off his back.

Step 4: I build Catapults and take all but one of the rest of his cities. Asoka is now my vassal and I have the Buddhist shrine pumping out cash to sustain my large and growing empire. I happened to pick up the holy city of Islam and Christianity as well.

Don't found a Religion. Conquer one. Or two or three.

Sounds like a very good plan (and a historic one as well) for the Romans.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
    X