halting tech advancement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halting tech advancement?

I like playing during the classic-medieval timeframe, because it's more fun for me and my computer slows down a lot in the industrial era, so I'm trying to find a way to prevent tech advancement. I created a scenario with the tech cost at 1,000,000% and gave all civs tech up to the medieval era, and that seems to work- mostly. Most techs say they will take something like 90,000 turns to complete, but a few of them show up as 1 turn. Does anybody know why it does this? Or is there another way to freeze a game in time?

That seems pretty clumsy. Why not just play Marathon - you get more than enough to time to play with medieval toys.

Comment

I normally do play marathon games, but that's not as long as I would like; it's not really even close. I just want to be able to give certain techs and have it guaranteed that no more will be researched.

Comment

more ram maybe
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

maybe edit Marathon setting to be even longer?

Edit the file Civ4GameSpeedInfo.xml, give higher percent value that will make the game longer.

Comment

I wrote a mod for that user on tuesday that ended the tech portion of the game in the medieval era. Instead of increasing their cost, just edit the or whatever tag to value 1. That will indeed disable the tech. (The mod I did disables all techs past medieval era, but it starts you in the ancient era, so there's still some research.)

Quite simple really However, that won't help your slowdown much (as a lot of that is due to quantity of units, not tech). I'd consider playing on smaller maps ...
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              However, that won't help your slowdown much (as a lot of that is due to quantity of units, not tech). I'd consider playing on smaller maps ...
              Exactly. It has absolutely nothing to do with what era you're in, it's just the sheer number of units that's bogging you down.

Comment

Working...
              X