Bathtub Magellan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathtub Magellan

I have never built a ship. My only exploration was the area within land unit site range. However...

I won a war against Saladin and demanded his World Map in the settlement. Suddenly, a path around the entire globe (on Terra) lit up, and I got the message "You have circumnavigated the world. All your ships have a +1 range."

I assume Saladin was 99% of the way around the world but hadn't yet broken through to my seacoast. I had the one coastal square in my sightline. So, when I got his map, I "completed" the circumnavigation.

Pretty cute.

Yup, that's how it works.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It seems the AI don't go after this bonus. Usually when I build my first sea-faring unit I go straight east-west to try grab it as soon as possible, but the AI just seems to explore around randomly. (Trading maps is the best way, tho'.)
      ...and I begin to understand that there are no new paths to track, because, look, there are already footprints on the moon. -- Kerkorrel

Comment

If your playing Warlords without patch 2.08 you get the circumnavigation bonus just knowing of every latitude line. Not for being first.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Working...
        X