Civilization 4: Warlords Base Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization 4: Warlords Base Questions

1. Does Civilization 4: Warlords based on Civilization 4 v.1.61 ?
    2. Does Warlords patch 2.08 contain only changes to "Warlods part" of the Civilization 4: Warlords so that's why we do not got a new Civilization 4 patch after releasing patch 2.08 for Civilization 4: Warlords?

Thank's

Warlords includes the 1.61 patch. The Warlords 2.08 patch patches Warlords, not the original Civ4 - the original Civ4 will still remain at 1.61.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      Warlords includes the 1.61 patch. The Warlords 2.08 patch patches Warlords, not the original Civ4 - the original Civ4 will still remain at 1.61.
      But Warlords patch 2.08 affect on main civ 4 features such as:
      - Castle gives 25% protection to bombardment
      - Colosseum and Odeon cost 80
      - Bureaucracy: High upkeep

and many others. Why this features have been changed in Civ 4 Warlords and do not changed for original Civ 4 users? I mean where is 1.62 patch? The Warlords is not a free addition... So is there will be patches for original Civ 4 or from now only for Civ 4 Warlords?

Comment

Warlords is an expansion, not a patch. You're right, these balance changes apply only to Warlords, so it's now different from the main game (which is common for games, really).

Comment

Warlords is an expansion, not a patch. You're right, these balance changes apply only to Warlords, so it's now different from the main game (which is common for games, really).
          So from now all bug fixes and features correction will be available only for users who buy this expansion? Original users of Civ 4 will play on v.1.61 ever?

Comment

Correct.
            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
            The video may avatar is from

Comment

Yes, athough a 1.61 user could still cumtomize his game to emulate the changes made in Warlords.
              e.g. edit the civic xml to increase maintance cost of burarchury.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Brood War is an expansion for StarCraft. But Blizzard have all patch versions and for StarCraft users and for StarCraft: BroodWar users.

For example:
                StarCraft patch v 1.14 = 10 Mb
                StarCraft: BroodWar patch v 1.14 = 24.5 Mb

Comment

Well Blizzard own.

Tbh I can live with the balance tweaks not being retroactively applied to vanilla but the fact they left the whip bug unfixed really irks me.

Comment

Blizzard is notorious for patching old games and doing so actively, might have some of the best long-time patching support. However, rather unfortunately, support like Blizzard's is more of an exception.

I think, though, that Firaxis support is also very solid, they seriously take user feedback into account for the patches, and release several patches. As for the balance tweaks, those can be retroactively applied with a mod - in fact, there are similar mods out there, ready.

Comment

Whip bug whip bug whip bug. Documented well before 1.61 and they could fix it in 2 secs if they wanted. The one real blemish on what otherwise has been a decent record with Civ4.

Comment

Then stop whining and fix it yourself, if it's as easy as you say, you should be able to do it fast, too .

Comment

Lol it's done you fool.

Fortunately the community have stepped up with several versions of fixes, but it shouldn't have to be that way for something so important and so easy to fix, that was identified around a year ago.

If you'd stop being such an unquestioning fanboy for one second you'd probably agree.

Comment

Where did I say I do not agree? I just can not you take seriously so I have to respond with a retort pointing out that you're a whiny bag of bones instead of something else .

Comment

Well if you agree that would make you a whiny bag of bones too.

Comment

Working...
                              X