The Barbarian state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Barbarian state

So i started a new game and everyone was on one continent and we all find out later there are two smaller continents on the other side of the world. None of the races were able to get to them until after the 1800's by then the barbarians had set up a nice lil empire on the main continent. And i mean i send my small contingent of forces and the barbarians roll out with like 40 troops and clobber me. So i move to the northern point of the continent set up a city and start rushing a few forces in hopes of defending it. I get machine gunners, which i have to say are my new favorite unit. They ran through 40 of the barbarian troops which started to include riflemen, and i only had like 3 of the machine gunners there. So after a long defense i decide to put another city in to push the barbs back. And i do and so on. I finally think i took out the main portion of the barbarian troops, because they werent making anymore. I arrive to the barbarian citys and there are like 9 of them a few very massive and they even got railroads. Which was huge trouble for them because as soon as i took a city i could move even farther in my newly researched tanks and copters. Im about to take over the whole barbarian empire it is just crazy how they had a whole continent to themselves and became a empire on there own even had a city named illionis. I think if the barbs hold enough land they should form into a empire and act like one. Because really thats how it was in the end.

There is a certain map setting that makes all civs begin on continent. I can't remember what it is though. Fractal, I think. Check the map settings to see if you set it for that.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
      There is a certain map setting that makes all civs begin on continent. I can't remember what it is though. Fractal, I think. Check the map settings to see if you set it for that.
      No, Fractal gives you an unpredictable map. Sometimes you'll end up with all civs on one large continent, other times there'll be the odd civ, including yours, that ends up with a small continent all to itself. Or anything in between. It's really the best map setting to play on IMO.

Comment

That and terra (which is what Will was talking about)
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

ya terra was the style i used fractal sucks

Comment

Originally posted by PValiant
            ya terra was the style i used fractal sucks
            Fractal's great, you never know what you're going to get. All the rest of them get rather predictable after awhile, but Fractal is always different.

Comment

I think "Shuffle" may be even more unpredicatable.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                I think "Shuffle" may be even more unpredicatable.
                True, but Shuffle uses Archipelago maps as well, which I really don't like. If I coul remove that from the mix, I'd probably be using it instead.

Comment

Re: The Barbarian state

Originally posted by PValiant I think if the barbs hold enough land they should form into a empire and act like one. Because really thats how it was in the end.
                  I interpret this as the barb cities being quasi-independent, even though of the same "tribe." They never learned to work together enough to form an empire. I mean, they're barbarians.

Do barbs even have civics types, or are they all always the initial five? Do they ever get religion -- can you missionary them?

I don't know any of these things -- I'm always too busy with genocide.

Comment

they learn to fight together they came in large waves attacking me in groups. THey are smart just stupid at the same time

Comment

Re: Re: The Barbarian state

Originally posted by Kepler63

I interpret this as the barb cities being quasi-independent, even though of the same "tribe." They never learned to work together enough to form an empire. I mean, they're barbarians.

Do barbs even have civics types, or are they all always the initial five? Do they ever get religion -- can you missionary them?

I don't know any of these things -- I'm always too busy with genocide.

I don't know about the first one (the civics), but unless the barbs capture a city which already has a religion, they won't get one. You're always at war- missionaries can't get in, and they will be killed (martyred).

Comment

Working...
                      X