Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence pact worries

Hi,

Got back to the game after a little pause, and I'm now playing an OCC game where I've managed to establish a nice block of mutually friendly countries - Greek, Americans, Zulu and me (playing Peter of Russia), who all shared the same religion (founded and spread by me).

Now Americans went and took up free religion, and can no longer stand the Greek. Now what makes that a little... troublesome, is that I have defence pacts with the Zulu, the Greek AND the Americans.

What on Earth will happen if Americans decide to attack the Greek, or the other way around?

Will I end up honouring both defence pacts, and going to war with the Greek AND the Americans? As icing on the cake, the Zulu have a defence pact also with the Greek, meaning that if I hounour my defence pact with the Americans and declare war on the Greek, the Zulu will declare war on me.... leaving me at war with ALL my former allies! With one city only, and busy building space ship parts....

Am I analyzing this situation correctly?
    Only the most intelligent, handsome/beautiful denizens of apolyton may join the game :)

Silly me. I didn't quite think that through - all defence pacts with the aggressor are terminated when they attack, so I've got no cause to worry about an all-out slug-fest: If the Americans attack the Greek, I'll end up at war with the Americans only.

But if the Greek attack Americans... then I'll declare war on the Greek, and the Zulu will declare war on me... So it'll be the Americans and me against the Greek and the Zulu. That doesn't sound too good... maybe I should just terminate the defense pact with the Americans.
    Only the most intelligent, handsome/beautiful denizens of apolyton may join the game :)

Comment

Zulu will not declare war on you, because the pact between Greek and Americans is terminated if they attack americans.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Ah, true. Glad to see that my relations with everyone won't go down the drain if those two decide to duke it out.

Comment

defensive pacts are great in this game. I never had the trouble I had in civ3 with alliances (or whatever they were called). It got to the point in civ3, I never made alliances. I got tired of being dragged into wars.

Comment

i loved that then again i was the one dragging other races into wars!

Comment

Originally posted by PValiant
              i loved that then again i was the one dragging other races into wars!
              indeed

almost to easy to do
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
              X