Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music

Hi guys, does anyone know how to switch the music in the game? Instead of playing the CIV music I would like to play the music stored on my PC during the game. I was wondering if it is possible to select it? And yes, I know I can turn off all the sound in the game andmjust play WMP in the background.

Thanks,

sparky

In the Options menu, under the Audio tab, you will find the choice to use your own music and a folder browser button to choose which folder. It does do recursive folders. It does not let you choose music selections per era as the original Civ music does. This may meet your needs.

(I had an answer! I had an answer! Who cares if it is right or not? I had an answer!)
    If you aren't confused,
    You don't understand.

Comment

there is another thread on this, just don't remember where

try to search it sparkyal
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I believe it's in the options. I did it before. Though for some reason it stopped playing after about an hour and a half. I just use itunes. Uses up more resources. But even without itunes I have trouble running large or huge maps. I can still run standard maps fine.

edit: yeah it's under options- audo. You can click the custom music folder and then click browse to point it to your music folder. Interestingly when you zoom into a city (with center mouse wheel) the music reverts back to the usual zoomed in city music. And when you zoom far out you hear the usual wind noise. Only in the mid level zooms do you hear your custom music.

I still prefer itunes though. But you won't hear the diplomacy music or anything if you turn off the music sound.

Most games I just go with the in game music. But sometimes I play with my own music. Usually Rammstein. Not sure why their music is conducive to civ playing.
        Last edited by Dis; January 10, 2007, 04:37.

Comment

Music, in general, has a bad habit of occasionally stopping. A bug, quite hard to pinpoint, I'd imagine.
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
            Music, in general, has a bad habit of occasionally stopping. A bug, quite hard to pinpoint, I'd imagine.
            Whenever this happens, and I want to return it, I hit Ctrl-M twice (Music off, then back on). Always restarts it. I've only noticed this happening in the Medieval era, though.

I also use it to switch "tracks" if I want to listen to something in particular, since turning music off then on again starts a new tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
              I never had a problem with the regular game music stopping. At least not for more than a few seconds.

Comment

What I do is disable the in-game music, and leave Winamp on in the background
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                X