Turning off victory option mid-game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning off victory option mid-game?

I'm currently playing a game that I am enjoying a lot, and I believe I still have a lot more to accomplish unfortunately I'm coming up on having the tech to begin building spaceship parts. My question is, is there any way to either A. turn off this victory condition mid-game or B. edit a file mid-game that would effectively make space-ship completion take forever.

Any help is appreciated.

P.S. I'm also going to post this in the creation and files section, as I wasn't sure which subject this question would best fit under.

Thanks again.
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
    atrocities.
    - Voltaire

As far as I know, you can't change the victory conditions once you start, because I would have liked to do that a few times, too. Maybe you can edit a config file somewhere...
    That horse is fake!

Comment

I know you can't alter the victory settings in game, but I don't have a clue about being able to edit a save file to achieve this aim. (Hex editor maybe?)
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I was going for a Domination victory in my last game, then noticed I was also close to my first ever Cultural victory so I decided to go for that. I ended up having to give cities away to keep under the Domination territory limit, but it was a small map and even when I gave away all but my 3 high-culture cities my borders were still expanding from culture. Finally did get the cultural victory while being 0.49% below the domination threshold

Comment

Working...
        X