Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General forum pollution

Hi everybody,

excuse me for the pollution on this forum, but I could get no answer on the Help forum, so I try here, where I think more forumers come.

I have been playing Civ4 for one year now, and long had problems with my computer. But since a few months, everything went right.
    But now, I don't know why, since about one month, I cannot create a new Civ4 game anymore. After the first or second turn, the game crashes. And the strangest part is that if I load games I created a few weeks ago, end game, with plenty cities and armies everywhere, everything works fine.
    But now, well, I cannot start new games anymore. Understand the drama I'm living !!

I have tried to reinstall the game, but it did not do anything. I have made some room on my disk, tried to do everything I could find, but nothing works.
    Have you any ideas, maybe not how to correct it, but at least how it can be, that new "light" games crash when old "heavy" ones don't ?
    Thank you in advance !!

Vinnnch

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=161226 <- the old thread (no extra information here)

My guess is that reinstalling doesn't completely nuke the old configuration. Try uninstalling the game, checking if it leaves anything behind and deleting all of that if it does (except the saved games, of course), and only then installing again.
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Thank you Ari, I will try tonight when I come back home. And I will also try to post the error message, if anybody has an idea...
      Thanks !

Comment

Working...
      X