Diplomacy options not used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy options not used?

I dont understand why there is an option on my side of the negotiation table to 'Declare War On' and 'Stop Trading With'. Whenever the AI wants those things from me, they are never part of any negotiation. I havent played past Renaissance era yet, so maybe this is a feature of late game?

Bribing people to go to war with your enemies, or potential enemies can be really useful. If you are struggling badly in a war gifting some cash or a tech to an AI to pile in on your side makes good sense.

You might want to bribe someone to stop trading with another AI if they are, for instance, at war with you and using open borders with that AI to flood through their land into yours. Or if they are giving the AI Horses/Bronze/Iron/Oil/Ivory or some other strategic resource.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
      Bribing people to go to war with your enemies, or potential enemies can be really useful. If you are struggling badly in a war gifting some cash or a tech to an AI to pile in on your side makes good sense.

You might want to bribe someone to stop trading with another AI if they are, for instance, at war with you and using open borders with that AI to flood through their land into yours. Or if they are giving the AI Horses/Bronze/Iron/Oil/Ivory or some other strategic resource.

Thats good advice, but what I was asking is: When another civ wants me to go to war with a 3rd civ, why arent they willing to negotiate that with me? They ask, and I either say yes or no and thats the end of it.

Comment

Yeah, that's sadly not in the game.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

And, a lot of times, you'll bring up the negotiation screen and the option for the AI to go to war with another civ will be available, and sometimes, they are already at war with that civ!

Comment

Working...
          X