Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings

So I thought I'd kill some time by giving the Vikings scenario a shot. Is it just me, or is the scenario really so fantastically boring?
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

I tried it soon after Warlords was releaced. I stoped before I played the game for an hour. Trust me it isn't you.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

I don't know, this is one that right after Warlords was released that I noticed the Vikings started in illegal civic choices for their techs, and figured it was a bug. In addition, I'd read that there was a bug on reload with regard to displaying previously randsomed cities.

I know the reload bug has been fixed with the patch, but haven't gotten around to trying this.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I tried this one too. After ransoming all the North Franks cities back to them, the South Franks crushed them and took over.

It's a nice concept but no AI's can stand up to a human controlled Viking civ so there wasn't really much of a challenge and I quit when I realised I was going to invade and take all the English cities without serious opposition.
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

A boring scenario? Whatever next?

Comment

None of the scenarios are really that great...

Yes it's boring.

Comment

Working...
            X