Do you know you're going to win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know you're going to win?

And I don't mean in middle game, half the globe under your boot. But in 6000 BC, you look around the land around your newly found city, and know, that you will win?

Or, in percentages, you start a game on your usual level, how sure are you of victory?
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

6000 BC is about 2000 years before I begin .

These days, I'm not so sure. With Blake's AI, which learns new tricks every day, one can never be sure...
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I think if your 99.9%+ sure you'll win the game on turn 1, your playing a difficulty level or two too low.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Good point. In my book, if you draw a poor start but are still confident of winning, it's a level too low.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ussally I'm not sure I'll win until I make that first swarm into an enemys capital.
          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
          The video may avatar is from

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I am about 50% sure

won some I thought I would lose, vice versa on the well played level

even less on a new level

should I even bother with Sid level ?
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

There isn't one.

Comment

It's not until I've seen most of the world that I'll know if I have a good chance of winning or not
                  With Blakes AI you never know for sure what the AIs are up to
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Even on Monarch level (which is a high level for me), if I hit Rome, Mali, or Persia, I am confident of winning unless I draw a garbage spot.

Comment

I always play on a fairly easy level because I hate losing. Ive only been playing Civ4 for a few weeks but after many years of C3C where I used to play on Warlord or Regent I have rarely lost a game although some have been very close.

Of course I like a challenge, but I stop enjoying it when I get overtaken as I prefer the later game to the early game and if I know im not going to make the later game then I dont want to play.
                      The game is a little harder for me anyway as I hardly ever trade techs, prefer to 'go it alone'.

Comment

Working...
                      X