Civs on Steroids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civs on Steroids?

Something I've noticed with Warlords: at a certain point fairly early in the game, well before the discovery of gunpowder, one civ will vault to the top of the leaderboard and quickly run up a score about twice what anyone else can manage. At this point they're unbeatable, it seems. Anybody else experience this, or have any ideas how this happens or how to guard against it?

My last few games, I have managed to build the Oracle first and generally run the show, and then I get the rug pulled out from under me. Damned annoying.
    That horse is fake!

I've seen it in my games. Although the civ is me.

Are these civs you speak of near you or on the other side of the continent?
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

It's always a known civ, if that's what you mean. But they could be adjacent neighbors or far away, no diff.
      That horse is fake!

Comment

It is impossoble to stop this, unless you start giving gold and technology to nations being attacked by these powerful civs. If they are next you may have too attack yourself. If don't like attacking cities you can wage a counter war. Make counter troops (Chariots, Spearmen, and Axemen for Ancient and Classical times and Crossbows and Pikemen for the Middle Ages) and station them at your border. Then declare war and wait for the enemy to come. Then attack there troops. If you use your troops correctly, you should have just destroyed their army. That should prevent them from expanding for awile.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Working...
        X