Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Eras

Hello,

I must say Civ 4 is an excellent game, with a very smart AI and great diplomacy options, but ..... I miss the future eras from Call To Power 2! =)

Does anyone know of a MOD which will extend the game into the future? Preferably appliable to the vanilla Civ 4 as I don´t have the expansion pack, but could be for the expansion too (if there is only for the expansion I will need to buy it).

I mean, *very* long into the future, way to technocracy dominating the population by brainwashing them, and guys armed with plasma guns and giant robots =)

Ah, and of course, any future world should have technologies to intercept nukes (or even eliminate them completely like on a ctp2's wonder), so warfare can continue without exploding the planet.

I also liked a lot the ecoterrorists. Those peaceful enviromentalists don´t look so peaceful anymore after they take over the governament and start aniquilating poluting cities =)

I must admit future cyber-punk wars are indeed fun if done with the proper atmosphere, if not they just add to late game tediunm.

I've been looking for such a mod too.
    I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

I'd like to see a future era mod for Civ 4 too, that was one of the few good features of ctp games. But hopefully this mod wont include the boring sea-cities
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Looks like a good theme for the second expansion...
        "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
        "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

and then there was Alpha Centauri
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

There is the "Genetic Era" mod for Warlords. This is produced by Dubmetender and helpers. I have not tried it myself, but it adds a future SF era to the game.

It has 16 new techs.

You can build cities in the sea.

Units include Ecoterrorists, Cyborgs, Drones etc.

Looks like you may need to by the Expansion sekel.
            Last edited by Harrier UK; January 1, 2007, 21:28.
            "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Working...
            X