Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the impact of the AI's favourite civic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the impact of the AI's favourite civic?

Does the AI prioritise researching the enabling tech?

Does the AI automatically switch to it when it becomes available?

Does the AI stick with it, whatever else is available unless forced to switch by the UN?

RJM
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

I believe the AI will switch to their favorite civic as soon as they have accesss to it, and will very rarely, if ever, switch away from it (I'm not sure if you can bribe them to do so) without the UN forcing them to do so.

I don't know if the AI will prioritize researching the tech enabling it's favorite civic, but I think it does (just an impression, though that may also be that civ's favorite civics seems to be similar to their typical play-style as well).

Favorite civic also gets you a positive relationship modifier, if both of you are running their favorite civic. Over time, I believe it can go up to a +5, though I don't know if that varies depending on the civ. I know shared religion does, but not favorite civic.

Comment

In addition, if the AI is running a favorite civic and your not, they might ask you to adopt their favorite civic. If you decline, you get a -1 penalty.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
      X