Spy wont blow stuff up..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spy wont blow stuff up..

In my current game I've move some spies into a rivals capitol in an attempt to try and destroy his production of his Apollo program..
    I was quite peeved to find that the option to steal plans or destroy production was not accessible (greyed out).
    So I tested a number of things....
    I thought it might be that you cant destroy production on projects so I moved the spy to another city and tried to destroy production of a temple - same problem, all greyed out.
    I thought it might be that I would have to be at war with the rival, so I declared war, still greyed out.

Whats going on..

The only other thing I can think is different than usual play is that I have already won the game via domination and continued to play.

This is warlords full update

You lack money?
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

The missions you have chosen are hideously expensive. The cheapest mission is blowing up a terrain improvement (farm, mine, windmill, etc) and on a normal size map at normal speed, even that costs 200 gold. I don't even want to think about what blowing up a wonder or a project would cost.
      Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?

Comment

Spy missions are terribly expensive.

That's why I only use spies to spy the enemy land, and occasionally to steal military secrets. Any other mission is, frankly, just not worth the bother.

Comment

Last night the AI had 4 turns left before finishing a SS part - was going to cost me over 800 gold... spy is useless, except for well, spying. More useful when you are in FR, and by then you ususally are anyways...

Comment

they make great tile sabator's
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Sabotaging production with spies is expensive, and it only takes out half of the production to boot. But if you need to use it, you HAVE to have the gold!

I say to you Shr3dZ, you should have had the gold available (or not needed it)!

Comment

I'm not sure I agree that spies are hideously expensive... in any game where I'm not losing horribly, by the time I can use a spy I typically have a positive income at 100% science [and thus could have a few thousand gold in a short time span if I wanted to]...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Aren't spies useful for protecting you against enemy spies?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler63
                    Aren't spies useful for protecting you against enemy spies?
                    No, none, not at all! What do you think this is, civ 2 or 3???

Use a combat unit to protect resources (like the AI does). It reduces the chance of successful sabotage. Having greater numbers of combat units in a city helps to protect against sabotage/espionage there.

EDIT: I do not know if the anti-espionage factors of units in the city are the same as their revolt-suppression is in a culturally threatened city. However, if the are, then you prefer modern units, not archers!!
                    Last edited by Jaybe; December 28, 2006, 00:16.

Comment

The only use for spies is late on in the space race. You need a fair amount of cash.

Comment

Spies can be useful when needed. I used a couple to blow up mines and sawmills, delaying a rival civ's last spaceship part by 4 turns, enabling me to win with 2 turns to spare.
                        Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
                        http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Boracks
                          Spies can be useful when needed. I used a couple to blow up mines and sawmills, delaying a rival civ's last spaceship part by 4 turns, enabling me to win with 2 turns to spare.
                          See, -that's- how spies become useful; taking out strategic production squares in a tight SS race, or right before an invasion to slow down reenforcements

I wish we could have Diplomats back though, for Ancient-Reniassance Age map & military plan stealing!
                          But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                          PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Working...
                          X