duplication of a given resource?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duplication of a given resource?

In Civ4 does every resource tile that is properly connected and developed in your cultural area give a bennefit even if you have several of the same resource?

I seem to remember giving luxeries away in civ3 because I would usually have more than one dye resource for instance but would only receive the bennefit of having a single dye resource so giving away the extra caried no cost.

In my current game however, it looks for all the world as if happiness adjustments in my cities were lower after I gave away some hit singles, some movies, some gems and some incense even though I still had plenty to spare of each of those.

Do the bennefits stack for each additional resource tile of the same resource?

No stacking. One source gives you the benefits, all other sources can be traded away.

One big difference is, in Civ4 it's possible to trade away your only source of something, in Civ3 it wasn't.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      No stacking. One source gives you the benefits, all other sources can be traded away.

One big difference is, in Civ4 it's possible to trade away your only source of something, in Civ3 it wasn't.
      lol, I managed to trade away my only iron in the ancient era to an ally because of this! Luckily I had just finished a military buildup prior to changing to a set of civics poorly suited to military unit production.

I can see how this could be important to watch more carefully.

Comment

Well, if you happen to do something like that, you can cancel the deal, too .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
          Well, if you happen to do something like that, you can cancel the deal, too .
          is there a way to do that that doesnt tick the receiving civ off? I didn't try it since I saw that two sources of iron were about to fall into my lap via cultural expansion anyway.

Comment

After 10 turns of deal, you go into the trade/relations screen, open the 'active' tab where all active deals are listed.
            Click on the deal and choose yes when prompted 'are you sure'.
            No relations hit.

To not trade away your sole resource of something, look for the little numbers in brackets.
            If it says Iron(1), that's the last iron source you have.
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

There really should be penalties from some excess resources... -1 health from more than one pig or cow.
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
              X