Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Great Person Idea

This is an idea for Civ 5. I dont think a mod could be made to do this:

When starting a new game, you did not choose any leaders at all. Just pick a civilization.

You can change leaders throughout the game. There is a new great person, "Great Politician" who will appear occasionally. When a Great Politician appears you can elevate him to your civ leader. He will come with leadership characteristics (e.g., organized, industrious, etc) that reflect your civics choices, your religion, and whether or not you are at war. . You have a limited window of time to use a Great Politician to become your civ leader before he disappears.

Most of the time, the Great Politician generated brings the appropriate leadership characteristics (i.e., organized, industrious, etc) for the times, but there is a small percentage that an inappropriate Great Politician will come if there is significant unhappiness in your civ..

The frequency of Great Politician will be determined by government civics.. The more advanced the civic, the more frequent the generation will be.

Implementing a Great Politician as Leader during Anarchy will end the Anarchy immediately..

Just some ideas, maybe you can improve on them.

I have actually been thinking about this from the other end. Just as in the present game you are affected by external events (others Civs), I'd like to see some internal fluctuations -- not having complete control over your population and your civ's orientation. This might be non-deterministic but trending based on other game conditions. So, for example, if you start and lose a war, your civ may become less militarist. Pushing too hard on science might provoke a fundamentalist religious reaction (similar to war wearniness).

Comment

isn't great politician an oxymoron?

Comment

Yeah but so is "military intelligence."

I wouldn't call it a "great politician" but maybe ... something that fundamentally shifts your society's direction. These don't happen all that often but they mean a lot to how societies develop. Perhaps an ideological leader or something ... I hate the term "politician." Visionary?

What if it was something you only got a limited number of - like maybe 2 or 3 per game and you could pick from any number of benefits. Say your first one allows you to add a third civilization trait. The next could let you add more trade routes or maybe even build a mini-wonder unique to each civilization that has some middling but nice affect. And the final one might only be earned when a World Wonder is built, so only one civ gets 3, and that would do something else, maybe add a "political leader" in each city that improves happiness or reduces war weariness or something. Maybe even let the player pick which kind they want.

Lots of ways to go with this.

Comment

Originally posted by bjsiders
          Yeah but so is "military intelligence."

I wouldn't call it a "great politician" but maybe ... something that fundamentally shifts your society's direction. These don't happen all that often but they mean a lot to how societies develop. Perhaps an ideological leader or something ... I hate the term "politician." Visionary?

What if it was something you only got a limited number of - like maybe 2 or 3 per game and you could pick from any number of benefits. Say your first one allows you to add a third civilization trait. The next could let you add more trade routes or maybe even build a mini-wonder unique to each civilization that has some middling but nice affect. And the final one might only be earned when a World Wonder is built, so only one civ gets 3, and that would do something else, maybe add a "political leader" in each city that improves happiness or reduces war weariness or something. Maybe even let the player pick which kind they want.

Lots of ways to go with this.
          I like this.
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas
          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by bjsiders I wouldn't call it a "great politician" but maybe ... something that fundamentally shifts your society's direction. These don't happen all that often but they mean a lot to how societies develop. Perhaps an ideological leader or something ... I hate the term "politician." Visionary?
            Great Statesman or maybe Great Leader?

Darrell

Comment

Working...
            X