Bigger invasion warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger invasion warnings

I always get surprised by some enemy unit that razes one or two of my cities because I didn't see them, even with the little walking troops sound warning + red sentences, even when I'm winning the war easily.

I feel this is pretty boring to have to reload each time because of such errors, just because we didn't see those nasty AI units that we would have crushed other way.

So I ask you forumers and fans to find an idea and then to communicate it to Firaxis.

I don't even mention how silly it can be in multiplayer, not to see the army coming just because the enemy had a scout or a warrior near.

I mainly get confused in big wars when there are many warning messages (not to mention the peaceful ones). It's embarrassing. It's the only thing I reload the game for.

assuming you are playing with the end turn feature, there should be some voice that says "dumbass, do you plan on doing something about all those enemy troops or are you just going to leave them?" Only kidding. One may elect to play defense.

I think it would be nice if they flashed in red on the main map and the minimap.

Comment

you dont see the enemy in the red circle ?, with the arrow showing which direction...usually real fast

then there is the event log...click the ones you want to see and it will take you to that part of the map
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

The problem is the AI will park a scout or a ship near you so you get the message every turn for a century.
        Human nature is to eventually start to ignore it.

In MP that has become a strategy. I have been quite successful sneaking in a big stack after the human player has seen the warning message for 20 turns.

And yes it's happened to me a few times also. In sp you can reload. (and I must admit that it's one of the few reasons why I reload in SP, the only other times is when I forget to something I was planning on doing)
        IN MP, You really have to pay attention.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes, unfortunately this has become a tactic for some in MP. Its not entirely the players fault for not noticing either.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

A simple,
            The same unit has been spotted
            vs
            A new threat has been spotted

would probably do the trick.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I just wish the red flashing dot on the small world map would stay flashing. Whenever I get the "red message", I look at the map and see where it's flashing. If it's near the water in the same old place, I know I can ignore it.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The only thing that needs to be changed is when the troop warnins are. They need to be moved to after the building orders.
                USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                  you dont see the enemy in the red circle ?, with the arrow showing which direction...
                  This circle should stay on the screen if the enemy is within the fat cross or inside your borders (at least until you click on it). As it is now, the red warning circles are pointless as they're not there when you need them

I don't know how many times I've had to reload because I didn't see the enemy unload a bunch of units just next to one of my cities
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
                    The only thing that needs to be changed is when the troop warnins are. They need to be moved to after the building orders.
                    good idea.

I also think the warnings should not go away, but stay on the screen during the course of the turn.

Comment

Simple answer. The flashing red icon stays up. Left click moves you to its location, right click on it cancels.

Comment

Or you could move the build orders until after the red circles. This is not a suggestion for a mod. You can do this using the 'delay pop-ups' option. It may give your turns a different structure from every other game of Civ but it only took me about a technology era to get use to it. And I prefered it since it allowed me to explore all messages.
                        LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Ooh I gotta try that, I always miss messages while I have the new building pop-ups!
                          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

This is a real problem in multiplayer.

With a longer turntimer I actually check every enemy popup (sometimes there are multiple) every turn to make sure it's the same unit as before. But if the turn timer is set on blazing, you sometimes just don't have to the time. And then you're suddenly down a city

Comment

Originally posted by Thedrin
                              Or you could move the build orders until after the red circles. This is not a suggestion for a mod. You can do this using the 'delay pop-ups' option.
                              Try again? I cannot find a 'delay pop-ups' option under either the 'game' or 'graphics' tab (plain Warlords 2.08).

Comment

Working...
                              X