inciting AI vs AI wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inciting AI vs AI wars

Recently I bribed an AI civ (persians) with whom I had a defense pact with into declaring war on another AI civ that had shown the audacity to demand I break all trade with the Persians. The persians agreed but the moment they did so I got a message saying the defense pact had ended.

How does that work? What consequences do successful requests on an AI civ to declare war have on the players civ?

Defense Pacts are always cancelled when one of the parties enters war, whether they are the attackers, being attacked, bribed or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacht
      Defense Pacts are always cancelled when one of the parties enters war, whether they are the attackers, being attacked, bribed or whatever.
      ermm then what good are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

ermm then what good are they?
        If you are attacked, your partner will declare war before the pact is cancelled.

RJM
        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers

If you are attacked, your partner will declare war before the pact is cancelled.

RJM
          so a defensive pact is a one time obligation only?

Comment

If you want to tempt an AI into attacking you so all your allies will ganging up on the hapless fools are there any tactics that are likely to accomplish this?

What actions are the equivlent of waving a red flag before the bull when dealing with a bothersome AI target?

Comment

You could make demands, gold, tech, whatever.

Though, they might be smart enough to not declare, if you have defencive pacts with powerfull allies.

I'd love some clandestine diplomacy/espionage functions, putting the blame on someone else, like in MOO... For many times, I was at war, because I was framed... Worked the other way around, too...
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

The best tactic is to have as much as your neighbours to be of your religion, even if you are not the religion founder and then bribe one of them into attacking a member of other religion - it can quickly escalate into a real religious war..
                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

so a defensive pact is a one time obligation only?
                  The original pact is cancelled, so its one-time in that sense. However you get a bonus on the relationship for your shared struggle. I believe that if you are attacked by a second opponent there is no automatic decaration of war, but your partner will be receptive to a request. Once the war is over, you may be able to establish a new pact - helped by your improved relationship.

RJM
                  Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

How do I set up more permanent alliances? So far no option of that sort has appeared in my trade screens even though I am now into future techs and I have given my candidate ally any tech that referred to allowing diplomatics agreements of any kind.

Comment

Geronimo, you could do that when you make up a customized game
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                        Geronimo, you could do that when you make up a customized game
                        ok. So tech options (for instance communism IIRC) that say they allow for permanent alliances only work that way if the game is customized to allow it? they don't work by default?

Comment

I think he means that in the customized game section you can set up teams to start the game.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                            I think he means that in the customized game section you can set up teams to start the game.
                            oh. Can i set up a persistent alliance in the default game? by persistant I just mean that once entered it doesn't end until one or both parties elect to end it with the usual diplomatic consequences for doing so.

Comment

No, if it's in the custom game, it's for PERMENANT teams.
                              Unless there's another option I haven't noticed yet.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X