ATI Radeon, why do you hate America?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Radeon, why do you hate America?

I've just loaded up my 1.61 Civ4 and it stopped working after about 6 hours in. I can still play, but I can't move the world map suddenly (ie. by clicking to another portion). This is an almost guaranteed game crash event. I can only move it slowly. Also I occasionally get more serious crash messages about my BIOS (along with a blue screen of death). I updated my BIOS to the latest version (despite having no idea what it was a few minutes previously) but I can't seem to install the latest 6.11 version of the ATI graphics software.
    I have a Tecra A7 notebook and an ATI 1600 Graphics card. Not at my comp right now, I'll edit this with more details soon. Can anyone help?
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

I just looked up your card in the list of supported Civ4 cards and I'm not seeing it. I assume you're using a laptop so I don't see your card listed under the supported laptop cards.

Mostly likely the issue is that your card is out of date and requires an upgrade.
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
    atrocities.
    - Voltaire

Comment

ATI 1600 is actually more in date than the list of supported graphics cards It's quite new, and one of the btter ones out there.

If you can't update your graphics card software due to notebook issues (and sometimes these are unfixable issues, if the notebook manufacturer took too many liberties) go to http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati.php and use their drivers (3rd party drivers, use at own risk etc.) "Omega" drivers are quite good drivers that many people use, so they're relatively safe in the world of third party drivers
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

my lack of knowledge is usually what keeps me from responding to questions like these...as snoopy's response has shown

Sorry about that.
        As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
        atrocities.
        - Voltaire

Comment

Working...
        X