Empty Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty Hall of Fame

My game scores are never added to my game hall of fame, regardless of level, point total, game conditions, winning/losing, etc. After victory, the game goes through the correct succession of screens (replay --> "dan quayle list" --> display top scores in hall), but no game score is ever added to the hall. I don't seea setting under any of the Options screen where I may have accidentally turned the hall off.

Any ideas?

There are eight options listed at the top of the hall of fame screen for filtering the various games that make it in. When all of these options are set to 'All ...' the hall of fame presents all games. Has one of these options been set to something else?
    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

They are all set to "all" (or the equivalent). I experimented just to make sure there wasn't a bug in the default settings, but even when I set them to the precise characteristics of a game I have just completed, I get nuffin'.

Comment

Bump.

So, nobody else has had this problem? That's kinda worrisome...

Comment

This happened to me and it was such a simple fix, I don't remember it. If you know what I mean. It was either an ini setting, an option or a reinstall. I'll try and rack my memory.

Actually, my memory is fine, just my I/O that is getting old.

Mike

Comment

Thanks, that would be greatly appeciated.

Comment

I've gone through the ini and settings, so it must have been a quick re-install.

Mike

Comment

It happened to me in my last game.

The only thing I can remember doing differently, was changing the player name.
                "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Originally posted by mkorin
                  I've gone through the ini and settings, so it must have been a quick re-install.

Mike
                  OK. One more question.

Since there is no "uninstall" option on the game functions screen and no uninstall exec file under the Civ 4 directory, is the correct (and only) way to uninstall Civ 4 via Windows' Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler63

OK. One more question.

Since there is no "uninstall" option on the game functions screen and no uninstall exec file under the Civ 4 directory, is the correct (and only) way to uninstall Civ 4 via Windows' Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs?

Thanks in advance.
                    Yes.
                    "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Before you do that, I changed my name also. That my be the answer, it is in the INI file.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mkorin
                        Before you do that, I changed my name also. That my be the answer, it is in the INI file.

Mike
                        Yes!!!! It was the in-game name. I use the date as my naming convention ("12/9/06") and it couldn't handle the slashes. Switching to 9 Dec 06 or the more elegant December VI and now everything is fine.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                        X