3D Graphics Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Graphics Question

I love Civ3 and everyone tells me Civ4 is better but I get swamped by the 3D graphic, very pretty but also very hard to get a simple idea of wha's going on, is it just me?
    Is there a mod to play Civ4 in 2D Isometric with simpler graphics?
    Any Help Appreciated....

You can't exactly replace the graphics with simpler ones, but there is a keyboard shortcut which will fix the camera to isometric mode .

I've never found it hard to see what's going in Civ4, though. Do buy the game, it's great .
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Hi Solver, what is the keyboard command you refer to?

Comment

Alt-O. Not a very well-known feature.

Comment

Thanks Solver, That changes thedisplay a bit but throws the resource identifier option out.
          Out of interest what zoom level do you play @, everything seems so big it's difficult to get a good overview but when you zoom out your units almost disappear on the map due to the vertical angle....
          Is it just me that seems to have this problem?

Comment

I play at the zoom level 2 or 3 wheel scrolls more zoomed out than the default. I use the globe & layer views if I need a really large overview, and I seem to generally do fine with the 3D view.

Comment

Re: 3D Graphics Question

Originally posted by Eldaron
              but also very hard to get a simple idea of wha's going on, is it just me?
              I think it's just you, I don't find the graphics any more complicated that Civ 3. In many way it's better, for instance the button that will display an icon for all the resources on the map.

Comment

Working...
              X