Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why non-variant comptive sp Civ4 is broken.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why non-variant comptive sp Civ4 is broken.

In non-variant SP there are two main ways to play SP.
    1. Just win
    2. Win with the highest score
    #1 is not comptive. The only vaible idea with #2 is to always rush. Why? That is the only way to get a high score. It sometimes works, even on deity, just look at Moonslingers Hall of Fame. If you don't rush someone else will, get lucky and win. This is why the only people who play GOTM are hardcore min/maxers and n00bs who don't realize that GOTM is broken.
    “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

I like comparison games, and whilst there is always an element of luck the best players always manage to put in the most consistent performances over time.

Rushing isn't always the most powerful strat - you use the deity example which isn't representative because on that level you are basically pigeonholed into a do or die rush as (unless you have enough room to pull out a cultural victory) it's the only way to get a foothold into the game.

Thus, no, it isn't broken.

Comment

The GOTM is broken if you want to win at all costs. If you want to just win you can just crusie to a culture victory and win 100% of the time.

But you are right. If you want the best constent results than it is not broken.
      “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

The early victory bonus shoul dbe a multiplier that goes down slowly, rather than a hard number...
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Hello, Eyes. Nice to see you again.
          Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRudd
            Hello, Eyes. Nice to see you again.
            WTF? Me?
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
            X