Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I declare war if Isabella won't talk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple, I'd imagine. Have a stack of troops, select them all, with the select all button, and the waypoint-thingy appears. Left-click on her lands... and nothing happens, except the waypoint thingy disappears. If you now right-click on her land, you get the war-prompt. Annoying, but minorily so.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers

I didn't have open borders. I'd cancelled all agreements a turn or two earlier. The game simply wouldn't let me move into her lands and didn't ask me if I wanted to declare war.

RJM
      this is something I haven't reported in the bug thread, but how do you move your units?

If I try to move my units by right clicking (using the mouse) it won't let me. But if I use the number pad to move a unit into their territory I'll get the message if I want to declare war. You should be able to do this (declare war by moving into their territory )

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

this is something I haven't reported in the bug thread, but how do you move your units?

If I try to move my units by right clicking (using the mouse) it won't let me. But if I use the number pad to move a unit into their territory I'll get the message if I want to declare war. You should be able to do this (declare war by moving into their territory )
        Ah! I was using the mouse. (It's not convenient to use the number pad when I'm playing on my lap top.)

Also thanks to Tattila for the left click, right click idea. Does it have to be a stack, or will it work with a single unit?

Nacht, no I'm afraid I don't have a save.

RJM
        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

... and here I believed that everybody used the "walk into their lands" or "alt-clicking their names" methods for declaring war
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I will try with the keyboard... but it don't work with a mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers

Ah! I was using the mouse. (It's not convenient to use the number pad when I'm playing on my lap top.)

Also thanks to Tattila for the left click, right click idea. Does it have to be a stack, or will it work with a single unit?

Nacht, no I'm afraid I don't have a save.

RJM
              I'd think, that if you select one unit, and press the "Go" shortkey (G), the same thing happens.
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Does it have to be a stack, or will it work with a single unit?
                I've had this problem before, and I believe it always occured when I had a stack which included units which could not attack (Scouts, Explorers, Workers, Settlers). The solution is to select a single unit with attack capacity and move it in, which triggers the war. Then you can move everybody else in.

Comment

yeah I've had problems with stacks as well. I don't like stacks anyways. They annoy me. I usually move in a single unit.

Though my preferred method of declaring war is through diplomacy. I like to be an ******* and hit them up for cash first, then declar war on them by telling them I want their head on the end of a pole. hmm, that seems sexual in a way. Never thought of it that way before.

Comment

Working...
                  X