X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple mods working together?

Hey all.
    Quick question.
    Would Dales combat mod and Blakes AI mod work together in a multiplayer team game vs the AI??
    Thanks,
    Adam

No

Comment

bugger..

They both seem like great improvements to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by frenzyfol
        bugger..

They both seem like great improvements to the game.
        The BIG question is whether both mods could be combined into one monster mod. I wish I had the technical expertise to pull off something like that...
        A thing either is what it appears to be; or it is not, but yet appears to be; or it is, but does not appear to be; or it is not, and does not appear to be.--Epictitus

Comment

Download Civ4: Better AI for free. A mod of the Civilization 4 DLL (SDK) with the goals of improved AI and ability to load saves from plain BTS. Gameplay (rules) are unaltered.

You'd have to have a compiler and access to the source code of the two mods.

It's certainly possible that someone out there has already done this, I'd crosspost this in the civfanatics thread here to see if anyone's already done so.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Merging both mods would be far from trivial, they both make extensive changes, and considering that Blakes Better Ai is a work in progress I doubt anyone would like to spend time on it now.

On top of that, what is a better AI that doesn't know how to use Dale's additions to the game?

Comment

It is actually possible, and the code I put in does enable the new concepts for the AI. It actually uses them pretty well.

All you'd have to do is merge the two code bases together. Since Blakes AI concentrates more on economics, you may even find the combat bits I touch are untouched by Blake making it easier.

Dale

Comment

I suppose any merge should be attempted once the AI mod is "complete"

Comment

Working...
                X