How do I enable dual monitor display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I enable dual monitor display?

I just got myself a standard 19" monitor in order to play those games of mine that don't have widescreen support. I've been playing with the custom screen sizes in the Debug section of the ini file, but I can't seem to get it to do anything. I know it's possible to stretch out the game over the two monitors, but I can't figure out how. It would be awesome if I could get it to work.

You have recently had issues with your graphic card, and now you wish to further tax it by doubling its needs?

Or do you have dual graphic-card capacity?

Comment

Hmm, I don't highly recommend stretching it across two screens. It would look, well, stretched... and from what I recall has some nasty refresh rate issues. Even if they're the same refresh rate.

The way I've had it show up on both screens is to enable windowed mode. Then it moves like any other window, and you can stretch it at your whim. Changing the default screen size should allow it to look 'better', but it would still look odd...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

IIRC, when Markos was showing off his dual LCD setup, he had it in windowed mode.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
          You have recently had issues with your graphic card, and now you wish to further tax it by doubling its needs?
          Funny thing, I was thinking along the same lines as soon as I saw a reply to my thread. Somehow, after fiddling with the Catalyst utility, I got CivCity:Rome coming up on both monitors. Needless to say the card crapped out within seconds of the game starting. I do however have plans of getting a new video card this winter, so it might be an option then. Though you're probably right in that I'd need to have two video cards in order to run it. Which I'm not really planing on.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
            Hmm, I don't highly recommend stretching it across two screens. It would look, well, stretched... and from what I recall has some nasty refresh rate issues. Even if they're the same refresh rate.

The way I've had it show up on both screens is to enable windowed mode. Then it moves like any other window, and you can stretch it at your whim. Changing the default screen size should allow it to look 'better', but it would still look odd...
            It doesn't have to, there's a custom screen resolution you can set in the ini. You should be able to set it so it's perfectly proportioned for two monitors. Going windowed mode would make sense though.

Comment

Working...
            X