Germans in Germany???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germans in Germany???

I'd like to play the Earth and I would like that every civ that is participating is starting where it would supposed to be starting. For example the Aztecs in Mexico or the English in England. Is this possible in Civ4?? I've tried long and hard but never seem to succeed with that. Does anyone know?

I've had no problems, but it may depend on the map.

The map that shipped with vanilla civ I had no problems with. it's a huge map. If you play germany, you will start in germany. Which coincidentally is the best starting position. This map is horribly unbalanced. Asia just gets overrun by barbarians. Mongols never seem to do much. And Alexander gets trapped in by the other civs. One complaint about this map is there are no native american civs. Only barbarians in the americas.

I'm actually looking for a standard sized map with all the civs in their appropiate position. I may have to make it myself.

Comment

just started an earth map. I am playing warlords btw. There are several maps that shipped with the expansion. Right now I'm playing earth map 18 civs. Europe is very crowded to start with. But I made some room . Started as Germany, I was able to squeeze some cities in along Scandinavia, and the coast of where Russia/Poland would be. Then I started conquering the rest.

All you do is click single player, then play a scenario, then click the map you want.

Comment

But IIRC that map doesn't have the new Civs in it
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

No it doesn't

Comment

nope. Though I think it would be way too crowded to include the celts and carthagians. There could be room for the Vikings though. What are the other new civs? thinking...

I had to check the manual. Koreans. it's be tough, they'd get locked in by the chinese (though the same thing happens to Spain on this map)

Ottomans, they'd get crammed in by the greeks and arabians.

Zulu. They'd have some room.

Of course there are already many european civs that get crammed in. As germany I had some room to expand into scandinavia. But France, Greece, and Spain get screwed. And England and Japan are island nations. Arabia starts in the desert, so they are hurting. The mongols get raped by barbarians (fitting).

I'd say the best starting positions on this map are Germany and America. Russia isn't too bad.

Comment

Incas get screwed. At least Japan and England can go somewhere and can trade. Three cities to start, and you can do something. Mali has no hammers, and so many times gets taken out by someone with a half-decent military. Don't know where the Celts would start, though. Somewhere in Europe...

Comment

Check out:

This map features my Earth with all the 24 civs in Warlords - now compatible with 2.08. The zip contains a mod, because it contains a modded DLL that allows 24 civs, and a different Celtic city names order (There was no room for Bibracte, too...

and

(Note: This mod works only with Warlords patch 2.08) Version 4.1 (Released on 29/12/2007) Version 4.1 included some improvements over version 4.0. There are two major improvements: 1)To have better game-play balance, I have added floodplains...

both well received World Maps with 24 civs starting in their llocal area

Comment

Thanks. Cheers.

Comment

course, it wouldn't make sense for the romans and the americans to both plant their first cities at the same time...

Comment

The romans shouldn't even be starting in 4000 BC while we're at it. Or leaders shouldn't live 6050 years.

Comment

indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Welshie
                          Check out:

This map features my Earth with all the 24 civs in Warlords - now compatible with 2.08. The zip contains a mod, because it contains a modded DLL that allows 24 civs, and a different Celtic city names order (There was no room for Bibracte, too...

and

(Note: This mod works only with Warlords patch 2.08) Version 4.1 (Released on 29/12/2007) Version 4.1 included some improvements over version 4.0. There are two major improvements: 1)To have better game-play balance, I have added floodplains...

both well received World Maps with 24 civs starting in their llocal area

Didn't work. I started as germany, and the first civ I met was China. Weird. A look into the world builder... Well, the map didnt look like earth. In a place similiar to North America, I found Shaka and Monty... Very strange...

What am I doing wrong? I set up the game in "custom game", maybe was that the problem?
                          RIAA sucks
                          The Optimistas
                          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

that's the problem. You have to play as a scenario (ie no custom game)

Comment

Indeed, playing as a scenario in the Real world maps will result in starting in the right location.
                              (Note that Ice Age doesn't do this, athough playing as a scenerio will result in the starting year being around 20,000 BC instead of 4000 BC.)
                              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                              Templar Science Minister
                              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                              X