Rome: Barbarian Invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rome: Barbarian Invasion

I'm a Princeish player, who sometimes upsets the AIs at higher difficulties. I have grown board in normal civilization, until I saw a weird challenge on Blake's sig. It lead to a Realms beyond game, which was on the hardest level with Raging barbarians. RAGING BARBARIANS? Wow. That would be a challenge. And so I loaded up my own game-all victories except Domination turned off. (I must be able to win somehow ) This is a DAR(during action report) and thus, suggestions are welcome.

Well, it's a good starting location-though, not alot of production. I will need production more than populace-but wait! This will be a great place to whip in stuff-Praetorians?

There is my starting spot, also I will send my warrior exploring a tad-I aim to have him home around 3300BC-that is when the Barbs start to appear I believe.

I hope to update at least once a day, some days I may not get to. But that will be my goal.

Criticisms and comments welcome.
    "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
    Check out my Blog!

I played the first part of the Rome vs. The Barbarians campaign. It's really brilliant. Shame it's not for warlords.

I'll be interested to see if you can manage without a custom-built map

Comment

My tech research-

Hunting-Archery-Bronze Working-Wheel-Iron Working

After I got that from the hut in the north I sent him to the west. He soon found the shoreline and went south on it. He then followed my cultural borders east. I have spotted two huts by this time. One in the frozen north- and another Southeast of my city near the jungle. But then I saw Barbarians start to appear. I perfectly timed the completion of my first warrior with the finishing of Archery-And started to build an archer right away. But he would not be finished yet.
      I had two warriors defending. They fought a Warrior and a archer- My warrior was victorious. My archer would be completed.

The archer got completed-and fought many battles-he was victorious in all of them. Man I am glad he got built! Just
      look at this...

Also- as seen with the Screenie- 7 turns until Bronze Working-Axmen perhaps?

Well the orginal archer gets a new name with his new promotions and scars-ten battles later- City Garrison 3. I moved him out to get the Second archer promoted as well. My third archer- which can be seen on the hill is moving towards that goodie hut in the SE. By the way-No Bronze

My next trained archer will head to the frozen wasteland up north and procure that goody hut.

Well-thats it. More later. Comments and other things welcome.
      Check out my Blog!

Comment

Are those desert tiles by the river flood plains?

Comment

Phew lucky getting that first archer
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I must say I've never seen such ugly graphics. What the heck did you do to your game?

Comment

Shouldn't this be in the Strategy section.
              "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Are those desert tiles by the river flood plains?
                I believe so.
                I must say I've never seen such ugly graphics. What the heck did you do to your game?
                Not sure what you mean, its on the lowest setting-for anything above that messes up my computer(Which is extremely old-hardly able to play Civ- no maps bigger than small terra!)

Shouldn't this be in the Strategy section?
                If it should, I am sorry-I just put it in the first forum I came to.
                Check out my Blog!

Comment

If those are normal desert and not flood plains I would hasard to guess that you have iron in one of the northern or southern most desert sqares by the river. There appears to be a bug in Warlords that makes deserts without floodplains by the river in a chain if one of them has a resource that can't be flood plains. In one game I played it was Oasis. Another was Iron Working.

I guess it could also be oil.

Looking closer at the images I see you are working one of the river squares so I guess it has to be a flood plains. You can't work a desert unless there is a resource on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X