Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Protective return to its original form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Protective return to its original form?

It seems to me that most people think Protective is underpowered except in very few, specific circumstances (e.g. having a member of a team MP game be Pro). Would returning Pro to Drill I and II make it too powerful, or balance it correctly?

Drill I and II would probably be overpowered for someone like Churchill (CHM), where you could get Drill IV units with a barracks and vassalage/theocracy.

Comment

With any Pro leader you could get Drill IV with a barracks and either. Right now Churchill needs a barracks, vassalage/theo, and a GG.

Tokugawa could also be a problem.

Comment

Gotta ask. If I gift a unit to someone, and the unit has trait specific promotion, does the unit keep the promotion? And, if I get a gift, a normal unit, will it get the promotion? If I ad a unit on worldbuilder, they get the promotion...
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Would returning Pro to Drill I and II make it too powerful, or balance it correctly?
          Assuming you're getting that from how it was initially described in previews, its drill I and II to all archery and siege units.
          LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Yes, not Gunpowder units. This is quite different from the current protective trait.

Comment

That would balance it out somewhat, but you'd still get lots of upgrades of Drill IV units to Riflemen.

Comment

That would be good. After all, city protection series are too narrow niched and generally quite weak.

Drill I & II provide 1-2 first strikes, which are moderate in power, even weaker than Combat I when applying them to same type of units fighting against each other. Even up to Drill IV, a total of 3-6 first strikes are very close in powor to Combat I - III.

And first strikes are quite easy to negate. Horse archers and knights immune to them completely, and other mounted, armored, and helicopter units can assign Flanking I & II to gain that immunity.

In all, even if Pro trait grants Drill I & II, it would not be stronger than Agg trait.

Comment

Working...
                X