Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stalin should not be a leader for Russia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I play as Russia with Stalin, as soon as I get to communism (state property etc.), I actually rename my empire to Soviet Union via Alt-D, rename (if they exist) St Petersburg to Leningrad, Ekaterinburg to Sverdlovsk, Volgograd to Stalingrad and give my ships and units revolutionary names like "Krasnoye znamya", "1-j Gvardii tankovyj polk" and "Budyonnovtsy". Being fluent in Russian of course helps. And I will inevitably have a sub named "Krasnyj Oktyabr" (Red October) too.

Comment

Originally posted by _BuRjaCi_
      Victoria should, by that logic, be the leader of a separate civ called Great Britain and not the leader of England.
      Churchill would be Great Britain too.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

D'oh. And Frederick would be Prussia. Bismarck too, up to 1871.

Comment

Would the Americans have a dynamic flag then? One star in a field of blue for each city the player has established? Of course conquered cities would not be represented, only those established by settlers... then again there could be a petition to accept a conquered city into statehood...

Hahaha!
          "Too err is human... uhm, did I spell 'err' correctly?"

Comment

Heh heh. That would be cool, though unworkable.

Stalin...blech. I'm glad he's there, so I can kill him, but having Stalin there is a lot like having Hitler there. Actually, I wish Hitler was there so I could kill him too, but you can't have everything.

_BuRjaCi_ has the good idea here.
            I don't know what I've been told!
            Deirdre's got a Network Node!
            Love to press the Buster Switch!
            Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

its not logical for Stalin to be attacking me with Cossacks
              UU - T-34 a little cheaper and a little better than ordinary tanks, mobility promotion for free (very good cross country performance)
              UB - Gulag whips provide one extra bundle, +1 happy face
              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

QED
                Last edited by Nubclear; December 8, 2006, 11:15.
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Ashoka never ruled "India."

[annoy Markos]
                  Alexander was Macedonian, not Greek
                  [/annoy Markos]

Saladin ruled the Saracens.

We've had this discussion several times before
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I think the Greek civilization should therefor be renamed Macedonia. Moreover, India should be renamed Asian India, to better distinguish it from the American Indian tribes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                      I think the Greek civilization should therefor be renamed Macedonia.

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                      Moreover, India should be renamed Asian India, to better distinguish it from the American Indian tribes.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

India should be renamed "In Memory Of Mahatma Gandhi", to show the proper respects to the liberator of the country.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                        X