Warlords and Steam ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlords and Steam ?

Is it possible to use the Warlords expansion with a copy of Civ IV purchased through steam? Has anyone tried this and had any luck?

I can't seem to find any info on the net or on the steam boards, so I was hoping someone here might know.

Thanks,
    Maximus

I have no idea, but knowing the way Steam works, I would say it's unlikely. But don't rely on this too much, I may well be off, as I don't have a Civ4 copy on Steam.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

If Steam works like Paradox's download system, if would be possible, but I somehow doubt it, as Paradox is so superior everything else.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Except the fact that Paradox games are, uh, a paradox .

Comment

What do you mean?
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Well, I personally find them to have really interesting concepts, but can't enjoy those games nonetheless...

Comment

Really? I enjoy their games more than any other I've ever played. I guess it just proves that you're weird.

Comment

If you enjoy any games more than Civ, you should be kicked the hell out of here anyway .

Comment

Be nice the the newbies, Solver

Comment

Hehe, I guess no one's tried it. Unlike most of the Valve games, Civ IV seems to have a normal directory layout instead of being a single file. It even seems to have directories for mods and such.

I guess I'll get a copy of a Warlords,give it a try and see what happens. Worst case, I'll have an excuse to buy Chronicles and get the rest of the Civs and another copy of Civ IV.

Comment

Re: Warlords and Steam ?

Originally posted by AreliusMaximus
                      (...) Civ IV purchased through steam?
                      People buy Civ through steam?
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Sure, why not? In fact it's the only reason I ended up buying Civ. I'd been thinking about getting it since Civ II was out, but never seemed to want to buy it when I was in the store. A couple weekends ago I was bored and looking for a new game, and I heard Steam had Civ III and IV, so I decided to buy it and a couple hours later I was taking my first steps into Civ IV. Good stuff.

Comment

Ahh, Civ4 works as a normal directory and not as a GCF?

In that case, you'll probably be able to install Warlords. If not immediately, then a registry tweak would do the case - I'm not sure if the Steam version sets the registry up in the same way or not.

Comment

Yeah, it's not a gcf file. This is the directory structure under C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common

Comment

seems i messed up the screen shot...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X