Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to manipulate civilization without war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to manipulate civilization without war?

Well i'm a new plyer of Civ 4.....but....i'm learning fast...
    I'd like to know haow to manipulate the civilization, on economical plans, political plans, without war....It's really interesting to find out all of you....I allready know how to manipulate their religion, it's really easy anyway....
    I tried to convert one of the civilizations to judaism without obliging them to do it or by force(with war) I jusst made some missionaries and spread my religion.....after a few turns they automaticaly converted to judaism. So please if you can help me please tell some interesting strategies...Thx

Having them pleased with you is the most consistent way.

1. You're right, religion is big, and it goes both ways. If you need something, feel free to convert to their religion before you ask. If you have open borders and they have a religion, you can count on seeing their missionaries.

2. Know what their favorite civics are. feel free to switich to them before you ask.

3. Choose who you want to be buds with. The AI will set traps for you when civs come and ask you to stop trading or go to war with one of your friend. You do have to choose. Stay with it, don't keep switching or you piss them all off.

It's easiest to stick with groups that other civs like. Isabella is the perfect example. All the civs are going to be pissed at her eventually, so appeasing her will just make it harder to deal with the other civs.
    Accept one demand from your fav civ. This will help.
    Trade a tech or resource with your fav civ. This will help.

This wont' guarentee that they'll do what you want, but it will be easier to bribe them to do it.

and don't choose the hated civs to be friends, Isabelle will probably turn on you no matter how friendly it says she is.

And if your playing continents and you like a little early war to expand, try to do it quickly before any other civs meet the civ you plan on crushing. No need to have the negative for "you attacked our friend"
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

When another civ contacts you for something, know that you can review the diplo dynamics by pressing F4 while leaving the diplomatic dialog open.

Comment

Yeah, I never knew that at first and had to guess a few times.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's a good advice I missed
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

In fact you can open all the advisor screens that way

Only annoyance is that you can't see the map.

Comment

I didn't know that. How useful that might have been

Comment

It's easier to notice depending on your play resolution. When I first got the game, I played in 1024x768, and those buttons got covered up by the right side of the proposals, so I never noticed. Someone told me you can use the F4 and such keys still, which I confirmed. A few months ago, when I upgraded my video card, I switched to 1280x1024 resolution, and now all those advisor buttons are visible even during diplomacy, so it's much more obvious.
                Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Working...
                X