Two small questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two small questions

I bought the special edition Civ 4 from the U.S. Do I need to order a US edition of Civ 4 Warlords for them to match or will a European expansion fit the american I have? I'm from Europe.

Another question: Has spying been improved in warlords or in patches? The computer A.I. sucked at spying as I remember.

I am pretty sure that the European and US versions are the same game, so whichever expansion should work fine.

There may have been slight tweaks to the espionage AI, but no, it hasn't really improved, and the espionage system didn't change. Then again, that's sort of hard to judge, as you never know whether the AI is using Spies to keep tabs on your cities.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Even prior to spies, it's not uncommon for a civ that you have an open border agreement to station a unit in your cap. I've always wondered how that factors into the AI decision making early on. Like If I move all my units out except for a warrior to a range that can't be seen but still close enough to defend, would the AI go/ "hmm, undefended capital, time to strike" and use it to sucker then into your territory to be chopped and diced.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have the US version of Civ IV and I'm running a Warlords that I bought in England and I have no troubles with it whatsoever. So you should be good!

sparky

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
          There may have been slight tweaks to the espionage AI, but no, it hasn't really improved, and the espionage system didn't change. Then again, that's sort of hard to judge, as you never know whether the AI is using Spies to keep tabs on your cities.
          Sigh. It was my only major issue with civilzation 4. That and a bad AI in combat(I even miss the old days when the A.I. cheated and saw the entire map). With those two fixed Civ 4 would be the ultimate game.

Comment

Working...
          X