Examine Captured Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Examine Captured Cities

I would like to be able to examine a city I capture before deciding if I want to install a new govenor or raze it. Remember in a previous version where it would say "We've captured London, and the GREAT LIBRARY" or something to that effect. Other than visually looking at the city before invading (which can be hard to see), is there any way of finding out if the city has an wonders or such that might influence my decision to raze or not?

yeah that would be nice. One of the screens F9 I think will show you all the wonders, and what city they were built in. But I often don't think to check this when capturing a city.

You also have to check to see which city is a holy city before capturing it. That's enother F screen you have to check. It'd be nice if you could visually examine the city before burning it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

You also have to check to see which city is a holy city before capturing it. That's enother F screen you have to check. It'd be nice if you could visually examine the city before burning it.
      Itll show you if its a holy city (religion icon with star on it) above the city name, if you have that option turned on.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

oh Blake....(mod guru)

great thought Strudo
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Re: Examine Captured Cities

Originally posted by Strudo
          Remember in a previous version where it would say "We've captured London, and the GREAT LIBRARY"
          I miss that... I hope someone mods it in, or they include it in the next patch
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

id love that to be put in civ4

Comment

Before you capture the city, zoom in really close and look at the graphics. That will show you what structures are in the city. Helps to play with high detail and flying camera on. Only wonders, and special buildings (Academy) are guaranteed to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by playshogi
                Before you capture the city, zoom in really close and look at the graphics. That will show you what structures are in the city. Helps to play with high detail and flying camera on. Only wonders, and special buildings (Academy) are guaranteed to survive.
                I know and said that, but I also said that many wonders are very difficult to identify from that view. Haven't tried with flying camera though so that might make some difference. I have the game set on high detail anyway so that doesn't help a great deal... well actually I guess it might since I've never played on less than high detail.

The point is that since my troops are right there in the city, they should be able to give me a list of whats there when they capture the city

Comment

As long as they are outside the city they have a good overview of the terrain but as soon as they are inside they can't see much anymore. Makes sense doesn't it?

"Private, report please, are there any world wonders in this city?"
                  "Sir, I don't know sir! I can't see a thing. There's this big pyramid in the way!"

Come to think of it. It doesn't make sense

Comment

If you have war -weary troops in the city, their first thought is "plunder!" unless told otherwise before they get in there. Including plundering those Pyramids. So you should know whether or not you're razing a potential Wonder carrying city before you let the dogs of war at it the next morning.

I agree with you, though. It's a lot easier to have an advisor tell you about the Wonders when you're about to enter the city before your troops do ("You should have seen the gold-encrusted building we took apart!").

Comment

Working...
                    X