It happened again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It happened again!

It happened again. I haven't played Civ4 for months, but I loaded it up yesterday thinking I could play for a few hours while my crock pot chili cooked. That was at 11 AM.

11 PM I was still playing!

I need to play better though. I need to generate more income in the early game. My civ always seems to suffer cash wise even with only 3 cities. I could use some early game cahs making strategies.

Also, is religion worth it? Even when I found a religion it seems the AI's are never down with my religion. I suppose I could try to convert them, but would that actually make an significant difference?

I thank you in advance for any advice.
    "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

cottage builds is a must

spreading religon within your own empire and beyound(even a sceond religon)

read more here
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Flood Plains and cottages

And founding a religion isn´t a must. It depends on your style of play and the civ you´ve choosen. IMO if you´re going for an early religion and want to convert the world choose a Spiritual leader. It makes it a whole lot easier
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

It only takes one try, then you catch the "one more turn" syndrom, and addicted to the game once more.

Comment

I think religion is a must for making cash. Use a great prophet to build the holy city building and you get one gold for each city (yours or otherwise) with that religion. Spread to as many cities as possible for more gold. Having other civs take you religion isn't so important, but it does help since they will spread your religion to their other cities. Also observe you get the cash for each holy city you control, not just your state religion. If you have holy cities for 4 religions, have each religion in 10 cities and the holy city buidling of each religion, then thats 40 gold your getting for nothing. If you can capture the holy city of a large rival civ, the cash bonus from that one city generally coversthe higher maint costs of running it.

Comment

Working...
          X