A year ago today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A year ago today...

... Civ4 was officially released. Happy anniversary Civ4, may you give us many more sleepless nights!

Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

A date which will live in infamy...
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I believe that no one was actually able to get the game on the first day, so our release chat here took place without people actually having it, right ?
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Late nights alright, I've been going to bed past 1am still!

Comment

In Germany, Civ4 was actually released on October 26th. I remember viewing German civ forums full of 'I got it' posts, while in Austria game shops were closed because of our national holiday. (I bought the game on the next day.)
          "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

I didn't buy it until a few months ago. I might be the only one on this forum...

Coincidentally, I was also in Austria a year ago, but I wasn't trying to buy Civ at that point. You Europeans and your holidays, denying you Civ!
            Lime roots and treachery!
            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Bah, nothing to do with holiday, it just was released later, like it's allways been...
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

For the first time ever, a game that was released in Canada showed up on the day it was supposed to, so I got it the first day, instead of a week later. I still haven't recovered from the lack of sleep (or the shock).

Happy anniversary, Civ 4.

Comment

Working...
                X