Hammers from Great Engineer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammers from Great Engineer

So, I've noticed that I get different numbers of hammers from Great Engineers when I use the GE to rush wonder building. What I haven't been able to do is figure out how to predict the number of hammers I will get from a GE.

I expect that the number of hammers depends on
    a) game speed
    b) difficulty setting and
    c) year or era (probably era)

Anyone have any insight into how to figure out how many hammers a Great Engineer will give you? In particular, does the number of hammers a Great Engineer give you depend on the time he was produced or does the number of hammers depend on the time he was sacrificed?

Also, I've noticed that the GE sacrifice will not be multiplied by any factors. The GE gives the same number of hammers whether you have stone for Pyramids or no stone. He gives the same number of hammers to a Capitol with a forge, factory, Bureaucracy and Organized Religion as he does to a desolate border town with no buildings.

Because of that, I tend to use any available GE's to rush universal wonders in border towns where I need the culture instead of rushing city-enhancing wonders in my big cities since the big cities can probably produce a wonder on their own. (Obviously, I'll rush a wonder that I really need if I happen to give birth to a GE when that wonder is available.)

It depends on the city size, larger city = more hammers.

Comment

On normal speed, he gives 500 + 20 * city size.

Comment

Thanks! That's much a much different calculation than I had expected.

I'll be punching up wonders in my main cities a lot more often now that I know population produces hammers for the Great Engineer as well as for the whip.

Comment

Wow. I thought the hammers just increased with the number of turns played. How's the money from a great merchant trade mission or a tech from a GP determined then?
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

A scientist gives 1500 + 3 x your total population, other GPs give 1000 + 2 x population. I don't know how trade mission gold is calculated.

Comment

Interesting...................................

Anyone know how the other GL's work?
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Tau Ceti
                I don't know how trade mission gold is calculated.
                Based on the value of a trade route between your capital and the city where you complete the mission, if memory serves.

Comment

So changing your capital would change the value of a trade mission??
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                  X