Lonely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonely

I've been stuck on continents and islands alone before, but never one this large. At its widest points it is 31 squares by 19. No ruins, no destroyed Civs. This is a Huge Custom Map, Random number of continents, low water level, 14 Civs.

My decision to build The Great Wall was fortuitous.. With no other civs and this much land, the Barbs will be out of control soon enough.

Last edited by TheArsenal; October 15, 2006, 22:49.
    "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

your land looks terrible too
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
    atrocities.
    - Voltaire

Comment

Juck, not a start that makes one happy. The entire northern part of the continent is useless. Just a big box for barbarians to spawn in. And there doesn't seem to be a single source of fresh water on the entire continent, unless I'm missing something. So no farms for you.

No, not a good start at all.

Comment

The land is terrible. There are fresh water sources - London is on one - although not many, it is just impossible to see them when you pull a Huge map out this far (although, amusingly, The Great Wall can be made out). Lots of tundra. A good amount of desert. And the Barbs are numerous and spend their time just outside the wall wishing they could crash the party.

I found the rest of the world starting at 1282 (Marathon speed) right off of my southern coast, but just far enough not to see. If this were Civ III with suicide galleys, I would have found them decades ago.

The combination of crap land, complete isolation from religion and no early trading, has me in a bit of a hole compared to about half the Civs. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
        Last edited by TheArsenal; October 16, 2006, 00:46.
        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

nothing like learning from a hard start

I encourage you to tough it out

gota a save ?
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

There is one thing you could take advantage of when beeing trapped with theese kind of circumstances

Since barbarians are problably going to keep on spawning forever on the northern part of the continent, there will be constantly new barbarian cities built. This will allow you to get free exp for your troops and a lot of extra cash for razing their cities. Then just return home and wait for the barbs to build more cities.
            GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
            even mean anything?

Comment

Please attach a save file. This is an interesting challenge.

Comment

good move with the wall.

I would beeline for the colossus and cram all of the coast full of cities with lighthouses.
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

looks like you are having quite some forest there... once you are able to chop it, you can go for several wonders at once and without competition on your own continent you should be able to beat the AI in quite a few...

you should try to found your own religion, though...

Comment

Working...
                  X